Networking For Future Case Study
The central technology organization for a local government enlisted the help of NFF to reorganize and restart their Enterprise Architecture (EA) program.
The government technology organization was chartered to provide architectural guidance, application development support, and technology implementation support to 85 agencies and 45,000 users.
NFF was awarded the tasks to:
- Increase commitment to the EA design process.
- Enhance and redesign the formal EA design frameworks.
- Refocus attention to organizational change management requirements.
- Redesign and implement the EA governance body, called the Technology Review Board (TRB), that was established to document and promulgate the technology standards.
NFF assigned a consultant to act in the role of Chief Enterprise Architect. The scope of the engagement was three-fold:
- Restart the TRB by rewriting the governance body’s charter, document charter member roles and responsibilities, and conduct initial board meetings acting as the initial TRB Chairman.
- Establish an EA development framework and start documentation of fundamental architectural components.
- Address organizational change management concerns to enable successful implementation of the EA program.
In response to the client’s requirements NFF established a formal EA Development Program to document the current and future state architectures and establish EA governance boards and processes.
The program has four phases:
- Basic EA Governance
- Baseline the client’s EA
- The client’s EA Process Discipline
- The client’s Future State Architecture
NFF Introduced the ‘EA Maturity’ paradigm to the government senior executive management to establish a comparative baseline of the organization’s readiness to embrace disciplined EA design and implementation process.
NFF established a disciplined EA design process and rewrote the charter for the Technology Review Board. Our consultant created an EA Communications and Change Management Program to enable successful completion of the EA Development Program.
The program included a Communications Strategy to ensure consistent and coherent program communications. An EA Awareness Program was also established to build wide-spread organizational understanding and contagion the EA development program goals.
NFF is a Technology Solutions provider, specializing in Data Center Virtualization, Unified Communications, and Secured Network Infrastructure. NFF’s proficiency and experience allow our customers to depend on us as a single source for planning, deployment and long-term support of their complex projects. We provide Network Assessments, Technology Design and Integration, Software and Database Services, and Staff Augmentation. We have the unique ability to take a project from idealization to design, implementation, and ongoing support, all under one roof. For more information visit www.nffinc.com.