A major Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) institution’s information technology (IT) team received approval to build out their transformational, data-driven Digitization Blueprint.
Their Digitization Blueprint serves as a strategic framework for transforming and integrating the university’s campuses by focusing on improving business applications performance, enabling a superior student experience, and increasing student, faculty, and staff productivity.
Their Digitization Blueprint incorporates general IT support, telecommunications, cybersecurity, systems architecture, and engineering services. The institution planned to migrate to a modern, multi-cloud IT services model that incorporates leading-edge products and services.
The university reviewed their internal IT team capacity, regarding the goals and needs of the organization. With limited IT engineering resources, the university recognized the need to find a technology consulting company with the technical expertise and experience in implementing vendor agnostic, mission-critical projects.
Networking For Future (NFF) was awarded a contract to start deployment of the Digitization Blueprint, with the goal of making the university’s vison of being student-centered and demand-driven a reality. The NFF approach targeted improving the IT team flexibility and optimizing the network infrastructure, while strengthening the overall security of the university’s IT environment.
The HBCU reports the following performance and productivity
benefits from the NFF engagement:
- Complete campus IT network architecture redesign and installation, including their core network, Wi-Fi, and cabling.
- Integrated advanced cybersecurity solutions to protect online users and safeguard personal information, university resources, and intellectual property
- Implemented a new performance management platform that reduced IT staff overhead by providing network analytics, configuration management, and advanced troubleshooting
- Enhanced campus-wide safety for students, faculty, and staff by installing video cameras to the university’s operations center
- In person and online Teach the Teacher and end-user training for students, faculty, and staff to learn how to access and manage web conferencing and videoconferencing services
“We are pursuing our vision to become one of the premier fully-connected and secure university campuses in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
We worked with NFF to reshape and optimize our campuses, while putting productivity tools and performance data directly in the hands of students, faculty, and staff.
Looking to the future, I’m excited to leverage the integrated network and security tools and technologies to accelerate and expand our IT infrastructure and cybersecurity insight, which every major university needs to make smart and timely decisions.”
Chief Information Officer & Executive Director
View the PDF
About Networking For Future Inc.
Networking For Future Inc. (NFF) is a Washington, DC-based company offering a performance-focused approach to delivering transformational IT business solutions. We take pride in keeping users productive and engaged by providing business and IT teams with the solutions they need to improve their performance in a dynamic, connected world.
We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, a Cisco Gold Partner, a Riverbed Premier Partner, a NetApp Gold Partner, and hold Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium (MEEC), Cisco Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP), Fairfax County Public Schools, GSA Schedule 47QTCA21D0047, and numerous other contract vehicles. For more information contact NFF at email@example.com.