WASHINGTON, June 15, 2022 – Networking For Future (NFF), a performance focused information technology (IT) solutions provider, is pleased to announce today the successful demonstration of next generation broadband and smart technologies at the Virginia Smart Community Testbed (Testbed) in Stafford County. The NFF project demonstrates how cities and rural communities throughout Virginia will be able to efficiently and securely deploy a Smart Community connectivity grid, streamlined fiber deployment projects, and advanced wireless technologies to expand public access to the Internet and improve public services and safety. The project also simultaneously supports additional Internet of Thing (IoT) applications, including, cameras, sensors, intelligent lighting, and traffic congestion monitors.
At the one year anniversary of the Testbed, NFF successfully showcased the following technologies:
- Signify – Broadband Luminaires, IoT Smart Pole, and Interact software
- Cisco – Meraki network and security appliances, wireless access points (WAPs) and camera hardware and software
- TRAXyL – FiberTRAX “painted” fiber solution
As part of the project, NFF installed FiberTRAX and retrofitted several existing county lights with new Signify Broadband Luminaires to create a multi-gigabit mesh network. The Testbed project‘s impressive results include:
- 80% faster design, permitting, and technology integration time frames versus the usual broadband Internet project, with a higher level of security
- 75% faster deployment of fiber optic cables to support broadband connectivity projects in cities and rural communities (no road cuts)
- 90% faster implementation of secure gigabit speed wireless broadband networks in urban, suburban and rural communities
- Reduced energy and increased cost savings for municipalities via intelligent lighting
NFF is providing the following ongoing support services to the Testbed:
- Asset life-cycle management
- Network and security upgrades and optimization services
- Network and security systems maintenance and performance management via NFF’s Network Operations Center
“Smart Community and Smart Campus connectivity grids of the future will rely on the most advanced and flexible intelligent edge processing to provide uninterrupted broadband service,” stated Chris Peabody, Chief Strategy Officer for NFF. “We’re excited to build on our track record with the Testbed of delivering new innovative technologies that improve Smart technology initiatives.”
About Networking For Future, Inc.
Networking For Future, Inc. is a Washington, DC-based company offering a performance-focused approach to delivering transformational IT business solutions. We take pride in keeping users productive and engaged by providing business and IT teams with the solutions they need to improve their performance in a dynamic, connected world.
Since 1996, NFF has delivered architecture, design implementation, professional support services, and hardware and software sales pertaining to Network Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud, Cyber Security, Application Assurance, Collaboration and Mobility, and Staff Augmentation.
In addition, NFF, an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, is a Cisco Gold Integrator Partner, Riverbed Premier Partner, Splunk Partner, NetApp Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, Microsoft Certified Silver Partner, Dell Solution Provider Partner, Gigamon Partner, F5 Networks Partner, and Coresite Partner. NFF also holds GSA Schedule 47QTCA21D0047 and other government contract vehicles.
Networking For Future Contact: