Data Center & Cloud
Application-centric focus assures great performance, redundancy, fast failover, and high availability to support critical business processes in data center and cloud environments.
Accessing the business information you need whether you are connected on-premises or through the cloud
Organizations are investigating how to best leverage their information technology (IT) infrastructure to accelerate data center transformation into a private, public, hybrid, or full cloud environment. The challenge is to develop a plan to hyperscale your technology architecture to improve network visibility and performance, while scaling appropriately as user demand increases.
Your data center infrastructure management (DCIM) strategic initiative should include how to provide and add more resources to make the data center transformation a positive business differentiator. The DCIM plan would also define the way you use, store, and secure data in a private, public, hybrid, or full cloud environment, thereby allowing you to move faster in introducing new products and services, creating better user experiences, and minimizing operational issues.
With data center transformation, businesses can integrate mobile devices, meet end-user expectations for anytime, anywhere access to personalized services, and support agile development processes to be more competitive and customer-centric.
What Is Data Center Transformation?
Data center transformation is the process of changing an organization’s IT infrastructure to improve its capabilities, functionality, performance, efficiency, and security. This process may include migration to a private, public, hybrid, or full cloud environment, large-scale changes to hardware setup, adding virtualization and software-defined networking components, and automating business processes.
Many company data centers are not designed to benefit from the automation and scalability provided by cloud computing. That means that the data center will have to be transformed into something more modern that can handle remote access, network virtualization, and other cloud technology functionality.
In terms of network virtualization, data center transformation may involve replacing specific physical hardware pieces with logical items, like virtual machines and virtual storage drives. Other types of transformations simply change the methodology of business processes and add applicable technologies, in order to make data centers more relevant and useful to the organization’s future operations.
Some experts present the concept of transformation as a puzzle for the Chief IT Officer or head of IT at an organization to put together by making tough decisions about cost, value, and implementation. Networking For Future (NFF) simplifies the data center transformation by identifying the critical pieces of the puzzle and working with you to create and optimize your solution.
What Are The Benefits Of Transformation
With data center transformation you can solve complex hybrid IT challenges and support long-term business growth by implementing a private, public, hybrid, or full cloud solution. The benefits of this approach are:
- Better Business Outcomes: The investments in modernizing servers and building automation yield greater IT efficiency and higher systems reliability, while further supporting security and innovation
- Business Agility: Increases agility to speed time to market, drive profitability, and expand flexibility with mergers and acquisitions
- IT Transformation: Optimizes the infrastructure that runs your workloads and adapts to how your IT team is structured so it better supports the organization
- Operational Efficiency: Improves your workflows and saves time with self-service features, automation, and managed services
- Improved Customer Experience: Provides seamless experiences and gives your customers optimized access to the network, data, and applications
- Advanced IT Services: Our IT technical consulting, managed network, and support services will help you accomplish a range of objectives, such as eliminating duplicative functions and reducing IT expenditures to increasing security and implementing next-generation infrastructure
Most organizations want to streamline the use of their resources to become more efficient, reduce their carbon footprint, minimize excess capacity, and reduce budget requirements. Modernizing your data center is the solution to support the frequent changes your organization needs to make to stay ahead of competitors.
What are the Key Attributes of a Modern Data Center?
A modern data center is designed to enable the agile, service-oriented IT models that are essential for success in the digital economy. It is software‐defined, highly virtualized, highly automated, and ready to scale up, down, and/or out as required.
Modernization key attributes:
- Provides a consistent operational model for faster and more efficient infrastructure and application delivery and management
- Automates your reach across private and public clouds, and manage those resources and costs as one
- Supports traditional and cloud‐native applications, container technologies, and microservices‐based architectures to drive faster innovation and enable rapidly changing systems at scale
- Has built‐in security to help you protect data, applications, and infrastructure and meet your compliance requirements
Looking To Solve:
- Cloud Migration
- Application / Network Performance Issues
- Cybersecurity Threats
- Remote Workforce
- Customer Support
- DDOS Attack Threats
NFF Approach to Data Center Transformation
Building a secure, high-performing cloud strategy requires a new approach to looking at infrastructure and operations. As a performance-focused integrator, NFF provides expertise, consulting, and solution design to transform data centers with a software-defined infrastructure. We’ll deliver a solid transformation roadmap and a clear path forward, from strategy and consulting to implementation and managed services that provides you with greater agility, reliability, performance, and lower IT costs.
With a proven methodology, expert certified IT professionals, and managed services, we help you select, procure, implement, manage, and support the private, public, hybrid, or full cloud infrastructure best suited to your workload and business requirements.
Key elements of our methodology and capabilities include determining business requirements and their impact on the IT architecture framework and how to translate your organization’s strategy into future IT requirements. The NFF approach can be summarized as follows:
NFF begins with understanding your business objectives and vision, ascertaining your risk and technology profile, and developing a gap analysis from your current capacity and utilization states.
NFF integrates business, risks, technology, and data center facilities strategic planning capabilities. Our delivery framework is based around a unique ability to create relevant elements that enable an integrated, predictable, and right-sized data center framework over time.
Transitioning from traditional data center architectures to an application-centric architecture of the future requires careful management from application owners, infrastructure engineers, and information security specialists to be successful.
NFF involves you and your team in determining risk tolerances derived from each stakeholder. We assist you in removing the constraints of your existing facilities and help you rationalize your future facility needs versus IT needs and service objectives. This sets the stage for the manner in which IT and data centers are properly planned, built, and managed for the long term.
The main objective of this stage is to develop the future demand model in terms of space, power, and cooling. From this, the future topology and the required resiliency for each facility under consideration can be established.
NFF has in-depth expertise in future strategic planning. Data center attributes include the understanding and development of reliability and availability requirements for IT architecture, infrastructure, and facilities. It is very important to understand how both the technology and facility infrastructures interact within the areas of risks tolerances, availability, and reliability requirements in order to properly develop the right-sized future data center and operational models.
Our experience allows us to rationalize and predict the impact from risks, make technology recommendations for data center sourcing options, and assist in determining how the IT infrastructure and security environment are chosen, positioned, sized, and managed over time.
The proposed NFF solution will enable high levels of predictability, agility, and manageability.
Proposed Transformation Roadmap
NFF will develop a proposed transformation roadmap with reviews on sourcing options, operating models, and migration strategy. The proposed roadmap contains the cost modeling and ROI analysis for your future data center framework. Understanding the implications, and possible consolidation and/or optimization savings over time, are core components to enhancing your current and future capabilities.
Data center transformation, consolidation, and migration projects often stretch customer IT operations teams. Most of the time, the team’s skillset and procedures have difficulty with the amount and nature of the changes in the physical environment. The proposed transformation roadmap will provide insight to the future IT professional services requirements for fulfilling the data center strategy and to meet your business objectives.
It is important for the proposed transformation roadmap to be developed in collaboration with your stakeholders. This permits the resulting delivery framework to be highly effective and ensures the optimum IT network infrastructure, processes, and professional services capabilities are developed for your organization.
Examples of NFF Transformation Solutions
- Converged Infrastructure: Turn-key “datacenter-in-a-box” pre-engineered solutions to quickly scale-up or scale-out the IT network infrastructure
- Data Center Networking: Design and implement an infrastructure to support the high performance and advanced networking services required by organizations
- Unified Computing: Unite computing, networking, and storage through a tightly woven data center fabric
- Storage: Manage growth of current and upcoming application datasets while maximizing performance
- Virtualization: Improve server, storage, and network efficiency and availability to ensure effective business operations
- Data Protection and Archiving: Protect data through backup, replication, and archival to meet business and compliance requirements
- Co-Location Services: Hosting mission-critical data and infrastructure with secure hybrid cloud connectivity
Regardless of where you are in transforming your data center environment, NFF has the capabilities to assist you in your journey.
Get in Touch
We never spam!
Networking For Future, Inc.
700 12th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
M-F: 8am - 6pm