What is Network Infrastructure?
For those who are unfamiliar with this term, a brief introduction may be in order, what is network infrastructure, exactly?
When we discuss network infrastructure, we’re talking about the branch of Information Technology (IT) Services that provides a network on which different devices can connect. Hardware, software, services, and facilities all fit under the network infrastructure umbrella and Networking For Future has the experience and partnerships needed to complete your network infrastructure project successfully.
Basically, your business needs to consider its network infrastructure to make sure everyone is able to collaborate efficiently, that all your devices can sync with one another, and that it’s easy to send or receive data between departments or employees.
Types of Network Infrastructure Technology
Now let’s get in-depth a little bit and discuss the various types of network infrastructure technology that Networking For Future designs, installs, and maintains. This list isn’t exhaustive, but it will provide you with a basic sense of how large this field or work can be.
- Routers work by forwarding traffic, allowing devices and networks to connect together. For wireless network infrastructure, a router is essential.
- Switches can be used to connect all the computers in your office to a local area network (LAN), allowing for easy syncing and connectivity.
- Hubs and bridges can be used to forward traffic to connected devices or to combine multiple networks into a single network.
- Gateways allow you to connect different types of networks.
- Servers are devices that provide information to other computers; for instance, a Web server is needed to generate Web pages for connected devices.
- Optical fiber cables provide incredible data connectivity speeds for the Internet access you need for all the devices in a large network.
- Firewalls are a critical component of your network infrastructure and serve to control traffic based on some set rules and parameters; these can be used to keep your network safe and secure.
- Intrusion protection systems and intrusion prevention systems can both help to keep unauthorized parties or unapproved devices from joining your network. Again, these are important to keep the network safe and secure.
- Key management tools help you organize and manage encryption keys.
- A VPN, or virtual private network, allows for you to connect to a secure/trusted network as opposed to a public/unsecured one.
- Finally, a network management system refers to the tools used to organize all your network tools.
As you can tell, there’s a lot to think about as you consider your network infrastructure needs, no matter whether its wired, wireless, or some combination of the two. In order to maintain any kind of a large network with any efficiency, you will need to have both the right resources and the right level of expertise. Indeed, enterprise-level infrastructure management is a full-time job unto itself, and its what we at Networking For Future specialize in.
Network Infrastructure Services by Networking For Future
The tremendous IP traffic growth is fueled by new media applications and customer demands for more interactivity, personalization, mobility, and video. Well-designed network infrastructure needs to deliver personalized, next-generation services, and media experiences anywhere, anytime. Organizations need an in-depth, continuous evaluation of the performance and overall architecture to ensure their network can meet the needs of the future.
Network architecture has been the Networking For Future (NFF) core competency since the start, designing and deploying networks for State and Federal government agencies, private companies large and small, service providers, and higher education.
NFF offers a full complement of solutions related to future-forward network architectures:
- Intelligent WAN – Using software-defined networking technology to streamline WAN operations, optimize cloud access and security, while reducing cost.
- Converged Access – Combined wired and wireless network architecture for high-bandwidth access and optimized flows
- WiFi Design and Planning – Surveying indoor and outdoor WiFi areas for optimal coverage for every security level, from public access to fully hardened
- IPv6 – The long-coming new Internet protocol will be a must-have for every business in the coming decade, requiring knowledge of hardware, topology, applications, and security to implement
- Universal Power over Ethernet – Providing enough power over existing data cabling to reduce traditional power cabling to lighting, cameras, and other sensors powering the Internet of Things
Networking For Future, Inc. (NFF) is a Washington, DC based company offering a performance-focused approach to delivering transformational IT business solutions. We take pride in keeping users productive and engaged by providing business and IT teams with the solutions they need to improve their performance in a dynamic, connected world.
Since 1996 NFF has delivered architecture, design implementation, professional support services, and hardware and software sales pertaining to Network Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud, Network and Endpoint Security, Application Assurance, Collaboration and Mobility, and Staff Augmentation.
What People Are Saying
The NFF team saw incredible growth across the Cisco portfolio by driving high value, transformational solutions to our joint customers. Additionally, their post-sales services and support is allowing their customers to achieve the desired business outcomes in short order.
Get in Touch
We never spam!
Networking For Future, Inc.
1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004
M-F: 8am - 6pm