Networking For Future Case Study
The Catholic University of America (Catholic University) wanted to complete infrastructure optimization and modernization projects:
- Optimize the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) infrastructure
- Modernize the core network and security infrastructure
- Audit the campus switching network for support of VoIP service
- VoIP network assessment and automated failover connectivity
Due to project delivery constraints, Catholic University needed a Cisco services team with outstanding technical support to:
- Assess and improve the performance of the virtual ISE environment
- Upgrade network hardware to meet stringent security needs
- Modify network configurations required for the VoIP deployment
- Automate the failover of their VoIP services over a backup circuit
Catholic University selected Networking For Future (NFF), a Cisco Gold Partner, based on their proven customer solution delivery success. NFF designed and executed the integration of newly purchased hardware associated with the Network Refresh project.
- Migrated ISE virtual machine nodes to physical appliances
- Replaced WLC service modules with dedicated WLC appliances
- Migrated firewall service to Next-Generation Firewall appliances
- Upgraded network to scalable data center-class Nexus switches
- Installed a redundant VoIP circuit to ensure automatic failover
Catholic University reports:
- Cisco ISE services were successfully migrated to physical nodes. NFF optimized the dedicated processing infrastructure to resolve operational issues and improve system performance.
- Network and firewall designs and migrations provided the student body and faculty with a more robust and secure network.
- Infrastructure optimization allowed better overall network functionality and ease of management for the VoIP service.
- The VoIP network, with dynamic failover, recovered quickly during service provider outages for minimal service disruption.
“Networking For Future has superior technical talent and project managers that are committed to ensuring their projects are successful. In all capacities, Networking For Future exceeded our expectations and delivered on time and under budget, so I would highly recommend them for any networking support efforts you may need.”
Senior Network Engineer
The Catholic University of America
About Networking For Future, Inc.
Networking For Future, Inc. (NFF) is a Washington, DC-based company offering a performance-focused approach to delivering transformational IT business solutions. We take pride in keeping users productive and engaged by providing business and IT teams with the solutions they need to improve their performance in a dynamic, connected world.
We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, Cisco Gold Partner, Riverbed Premier Partner, NetApp Gold Partner and hold Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium (MEEC), Cisco Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP), Fairfax County Public Schools, GSA Schedule (GS-35F-0197L) and numerous other contract vehicles. For more information contact NFF at email@example.com.